Volunteers are always welcome!
Neighborhood House seeks caring people who wish to lend a helping hand. Individuals and/or groups can volunteer in a wide variety of ways that support our programs, Opportunities range from one-time projects to ongoing commitments. We also have a Nature Center, located just northwest of Oconomowoc, that has many projects needing attention.
At our Milwaukee facilities:
- Food Pantry greet & register guests, pack food orders, help maintain the Pantry
- Clean and organize classrooms and program areas
- Light painting either indoors or outdoors.
- Clean and maintain outdoor playground areas
- Seasonal assistance with our Urban Gardens, includes weeding, mulching & watering
- Support our Volunteer Program – Update Records, Recognition & Thanks
- Assist Development Department with Agency Archive Project
- Special event planning and/or logistical support
At our Nature Center – located 10 miles northwest of Oconomowoc
- Assist with trail maintenance
- Remove invasive species
- Seed Collection (Fall)
- Maple Sugaring (March only)
If you have a special talent that you may want to share, we are open to considering that as well.
Most volunteer projects occur Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Special events/projects are available on occasional weekend and weekday evenings by mutual agreement.
If you are interested in volunteering on an ongoing basis, please send an email requesting application materials to email@example.com or call Rebecca Gregory at 414-933-6161 ext. 127.